Let’s be flexible while being deeply rooted.
– Henri Nowen
1. Share well with others or else. All 7 of us have experienced the “or else”
2. Choose wisely before you dip into the black hole of “or else”
3. What was said and discussed at the kitchen table stayed at the kitchen table.
4. Sibling “banter” build(s) character and a strong left jab.
5. Once you left the confines of 1721, it was game on if anyone messed with us.
6. Delayed gratification…if asked;
“Do you want a ride To the swimming pool or Picked up after?”
ALWAYS choose after. Thank you Phyllis Dengler for the rides.
7. 9 people, 1 bathroom…get in get out! No dawdling.
8. No one had to entertain us, that is what our imagination was for.
9. Be kind.
10. Respect your elders.
11. The older kids cared for the younger ones.
12. Grandma’s were magical.
13. Never get caught going barefoot by Dad…those damn “rusty nails”
14. No one spent too much time at your “pity party”..snap out of it!
15. Parents that loved, disciplined and showed us by example how to live.
16. When there is a call out for anything…we are there for one another.
17. A quick wit and wicked sense of humor is essential.
18. The Trifecta to Success …book smarts, common sense and street smarts.
19. Playing and laughter leads to good health.
20. Love is the golden nugget.
Thank you Dad, Mom, Rita, Mary Anne, Tony, Phil, Joe and Lorrie! All so different but somehow we landed in this life with one another, I’d have it no other way.
Kathleen Ambrose Warner
I’m a mother, aunt, neighbor, and friend. Along with those I am an artist, photographer and encourager. I’m a joy filled seeker of hidden treasures and possibilities that guide women to unearth their own hidden brilliance. I want to be a stand for vivaciousness among and because of women in the second half of life.
Broken to whole is a theme in my art, my life and empowerment of others. I am constantly finding beauty in the ordinary and unexpected thus helping others to see with different eyes.
Read More at: Open Heart Production